this review WILL spoil you if you haven’t read the Selection and The Elite !!
Break my heart. Break it a thousand times if you like. It was only yours to break anyway.
We’re back to Illéa. The rebels are attacking way more than ever.
Moreover, there is still this cold tension between Maxon and America. He keeps getting closer and closer to Kriss and we can totally feel how the competition is stronger than before.
We’ve got so much character’s development in this book!
First, Celeste. She kind of gives up the competition, and tell Mer why she was so mean. From now on she roots for Mer. And she becomes much more nicer.
The Southern rebels decide to attack the realm by casts, starting with the two.
Mer goes back to her home for a while and that’s when things are escalating.
She finally figures out her feelings, and decides to be honest with everyone.
There are a lot of things that are predictable. But it’s such a page turner !
– The ending, but I’m so glad it ended that way,
– the truth coming out about Mer/Aspen and Maxon’s excessive reaction.
– Maxon’s quick change of heart
I really liked:
– the rebel alliance
– America. She was SO annoying in The Elite, but in this book she’s better.
– the plot twist about her father’s activities.
– Kriss not being that perfect and Celeste becoming nicer.
Overall it’s a really nice read, even though it’s predictable and a YA version of the Bachelor.
I gave it 5 stars because it’s such an addictive read ! I can’t wait for The Heir to be out !