Goodreads’ synopsis : Danger and betrayal, love and loss, secrets and enchantment are woven together in the breathtaking finale to the #1 New York Times bestselling Infernal Devices Trilogy, prequel to the internationally bestselling Mortal Instruments series.
THE INFERNAL DEVICES WILL NEVER STOP COMING
A net of shadows begins to tighten around the Shadowhunters of the London Institute. Mortmain plans to use his Infernal Devices, an army of pitiless automatons, to destroy the Shadowhunters. He needs only one last item to complete his plan: he needs Tessa Gray.
Charlotte Branwell, head of the London Institute, is desperate to find Mortmain before he strikes. But when Mortmain abducts Tessa, the boys who lay equal claim to her heart, Jem and Will, will do anything to save her. For though Tessa and Jem are now engaged, Will is as much in love with her as ever.
As those who love Tessa rally to rescue her from Mortmain’s clutches, Tessa realizes that the only person who can save her is herself. But can a single girl, even one who can command the power of angels, face down an entire army?
Danger and betrayal, secrets and enchantment, and the tangled threads of love and loss intertwine as the Shadowhunters are pushed to the very brink of destruction in the breathtaking conclusion to the Infernal Devices trilogy.
Guys this book is perfect.
It takes place 2 months after Clockwork Prince’s ending. This final installment in The Infernal Devices trilogy is action packed, with both sad and funny moments. Cassandra Clare did a great job, as always.
There’s nothing negative to say about it, the plot twists are great and well thought and the ending is beyond perfect.
You endure what is unbearable, and you bear it. That is all.
Now, since it’s the final book in a trilogy, what’s next can spoil you if you haven’t read the first 2 books.
The whole story about Tessa’s birth is really interesting, and definitively not something one could guess.
Something really amazing about this series is that the love triangle never bothered me. Usually I’m not a big fan of love triangles. But Jem, Will and Tessa are really united, it’s something difficult to explain but so pretty to read about. Also, I’ve never a book where a friendship was that intricate and perfect. Their relationship is beyond the parabatai’s bound. It’s so beautiful.
The ending is wonderful. I’ve always been team Jem but in this book you really cannot not love Will.
Most people are lucky to have even one great love in their life. You have found two.
– Tessa is such a lovely character. She is so fierce, like Bodicea. She cares more about her new family than about her own life.
– Jem sacrificed his life because he wanted to be his very best for Tessa. The ultimate love proof.
– Will is such an interesting character ; he changed so much since Clockwork Angel. He now wears his heart on his sleeve. He is doing his best to be a good man, a good parabatai and a good brother.
– Cecily is the wild card in tshis book. You never know what to expect of her.
– Gabriel is interesting too. He saw the world, as he has known it, shattered. He is learning to be someone better.
– Sophie is a badass woman and a true friend. She doesn’t want to tell Charlotte she wants to Ascend because she doesn’t want to disappoint her.