photo credit : E. Zhang
Hello everyone ! I hope you’re doing good ! I need to catch up with my tags haha ! I was tagged by Jesse from booksatdawn (if you aren’t following already, you should definitively go and check his blog ! It’s one of my favorites !)
The Dim Sum Book Tag is the brainchild of Joey @ Thoughts and Afterthoughts and Jenna @ Reading with Jenna. Dim sum is a style of Chinese cuisine whereby food is served in small (tapas-like) portions and is common during yum cha (which literally means: drinking tea). This tag is inspired by good company and good eats.
Here are some rules to devour this tag:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site
- Devour dim sum and answer the tag questions
- Tag five others to join your round table for some dim sum fun
- Food coma
- TEA : A BOOK THAT STARTED OFF HOT BUT TURNED COLD QUICKLY
Easy ! The House Of Night series By PC. Cast. Yeah I’m cheating, it’s a series not a book. The first books were great but the more it goes, the less I like it. I’m forcing myself to finish this series.
- CHIU CHOW DUMPLING: A BOOK THAT FEATURES ELEMENTS OF LAND AND SEA
The Assassin’s curse by Cassandra Rose Clarke is a good example !
It was a nice duology but I was expecting more of it. Anyway. Ananna is a pirate who flew her family’s crew because she doesn’t want to get married. Her journey leads her in a lot of places. Some on land, some in sea.
- RICE NOODLE ROLL: A FAVOURITE MULTI-LAYERED CHARACTER OF YOURS (EG. TRAITS? SKILLS? MORALLY AMBIGUOUS?)
Victor from Vicious, by V.E. Schwab. I loved how difficult it was to say if he was the good guy or the bad guy !
It’s probably the most interesting character I’ve read about ! Vicious is one of my top 5 fav reads for 2015.
- SHRIMP DUMPLING: A BOOK WITH A TRANSPARENT BLURB THAT GIVES THE STORY AWAY
Hmm, that one is pretty hard. I’ll say All Lined up by Cora Carmack. I loved this book, but nothing really surprised me. Which is okay because I don’t expect huge plot twists or surprises when I read the books from The Rusk University series !
- STEAMED BBQ PORK BUNS: A BOOK THAT IS FLUFFY ON THE OUTSIDE BUT PACKS A PUNCH OF FLAVOUR (EG. MESSAGE? DEPTH? CONTROVERSY?)
1984 by George Orwell. I know the title is really fluffy but it’s a book that contains a lot messages.
- CHICKEN FEET: A BOOK WITH DIVIDED OPINIONS
Allegiant by Veronica Roth ! I read many mixed reviews about this book. It wasn’t my favorite from this trilogy but I enjoyed it nonetheless.
- LOTUS-WRAPPED STICKY RICE: A BOOK YOU’VE RECEIVED/GIVEN THAT WAS NICELY PACKAGED
My The Infernal Devices boxset. This trilogy holds a special place in my heart. When I opened the package, the boxset was in pristine condition.
- EGG CUSTARD TART: A BOOK THAT USES SIMPLE INGREDIENTS AND CLICHES BUT EXECUTES IT PERFECTLY
The Distance Between Us by Kasie West. It’s a cute contemporary book, with a lot of clichés but it totally did it for me !
- MANGO PUDDING WITH EVAPORATED MILK: ANY BOOK RECOMMENDATION + BEVERAGE/SNACK THAT’S A WINNING COMBINATION
Hmm.Since it’s winter, I would say a good fantasy book + a nice cup of tea. The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson would be perfect for that !
- FRIED SESAME BALLS: A BOOK COVER WITH EMBOSSED TEXT/DESIGN YOU JUST LOVE TO RUN YOUR FINGERS OVER
Ruby Red by kerstin Gier. The Precious Stones hardcovers are so stunning !
- DIM SUM STEAM CART: THE TYPE OF CARRYING BAG YOU USE TO BRING BOOKS AROUND
here it is :
I use the pouch when my handbag is big (which is, let’s be honest, most of the time). That way the pouch is protecting the book from what’s inside my bag. When I’m wearing a clutch bag, I’m taking my Shakespeare and Co tote bag with me !
Well I hope you liked my answers !
And now I tag :
Cristina from mytinyobsessions
Lizzy from mylittlebookblog
Kat from lifeandotherdisasters
Jess from Princessicaofbooks
McKenzie from bookishthingsandtea
Of course you don’t have to do this tag if you don’t want to !
I hope you’re having a nice week end !