Author : Marissa Meyer
Series : The Lunar Chronicles
Genres : Science Fiction, Young Adult
Publication : November 12th 2015 by Puffin
Synopsis : Princess Winter is admired by the Lunar people for her grace and kindness, and despite the scars that mark her face, her beauty is said to be even more breathtaking than that of her stepmother, Queen Levana.
Winter despises her stepmother, and knows Levana won’t approve of her feelings for her childhood friend–the handsome palace guard, Jacin. But Winter isn’t as weak as Levana believes her to be and she’s been undermining her stepmother’s wishes for years. Together with the cyborg mechanic, Cinder, and her allies, Winter might even have the power to launch a revolution and win a war that’s been raging for far too long.
Can Cinder, Scarlet, Cress, and Winter defeat Levana and find their happily ever afters? Fans will not want to miss this thrilling conclusion to Marissa Meyer’s national bestselling Lunar Chronicles series.
This is the final book in The Lunar Chronicles series by Marissa Meyer. If you haven’t the previous books this review will spoil you.
It takes place right after Cress’ ending. They have a plan, and Kai is taking part in it. But the plan doesn’t go as planned.
I really loved this book ! It’s a hefty one but in the end, I was craving for more. Still, I think some parts could have been shorter.
Yeah, but broken isn’t the same as unfixable.
Cinder is now a real leader and is decided to take her throne back, to end Levana’s reign, whatever the cost. I really enjoyed the alchemy between all the characters. You can feel their bonds, it feels so real ! They got close to each other, like a family. That’s beautiful to witness !
The world building is really exquisite ! They are so many descriptions, I was really able to picture Luna !
I was kind of afraid that with so many storylines, the whole thing would feel like a big mess. But that wasn’t the case at all !
To put it in a nutshell this book is so action packed but there’s also a lot of romance and let’s not forget the comic relief thanks to oh so funny situations and dialogues !
This installment is also focused on the Snow White retelling and I loved all the references :
- the jealous stepmother
- the huntsman
- the poisoned apple
- the glass coffin
- oh and let’s not forget the true love kiss.
The characters’ development is amazing. It’s one of the things I enjoyed the most in this series !
“You’re the only person in the galaxy who would ever call me lovable.”
“I’m the only person in the galaxy crazy enough to believe it.”
- Winter is one of the characters this book is focused on. She seems weak but it’s quite the opposite ! She’s slowly becoming crazy because she refuses to use her “special” gift.
But she’s determined to put Cinder on her throne !
- Cinder suffered a lot in this book. But she does what needs to be done; she’s creating a powerful revolution.
She is fierce but also she cares so much for her trope. She doesn’t want to lose any of them.
- Scarlet is probably my favorite female character, with Iko. She is sooo strong-minded ! And I love her romance with Wolf. She endured a lot but it only made her stronger, sharper.
- Wolf is less present in this book. But I really admire his will to stay good, faithful to Cinder’s cause.
- Cress is such a cutie ! I love her candid reactions ! She acts like an amazed child. She is less mature than the others most of the time but it’s not bothering at all. And she is sooo gifted when it comes to computers.
- Thorne made me swoon in this book. I love his hesitant, shy side ! And he is such a comic relief !
- Iko, ah Iko ! This series wouldn’t be the same without her ! She is soooo amazing ! She made me laugh so much !
- Jacyn was such a strong character in this book. I won’t say too much, but I appreciated him way more in this installment !
- Kai is more present and involved in this book. Even though he’s not taking part when things become really nasty because he has to keep his role, he is really helpful !
That’s it ! Overall I really loved this book and the whole series ! I’m gonna buy Fairest and Stars above ASAP because I’m missing this world so much !
About the author