Hello lovelies ! I totally forgot to post my January book haul ! To be honest, I almost haven’t posted at all this month so… Anyway, back to business !
I only bought 2 books in January ! I’m buying less for two main reasons : the most obvious one being that I’ve been reading less lately, and my TBR shelves are too crowded. The second one is that I’m now addicted to crossfit, and I’m buying a lot of outfits and accessories, and trust me, it costs a lot of money !
- Queen Of Air And Darkness by Cassandra Clare and I cannot wait to read it ! I still don’t know if I need to read the novellas first.
- The Wicked King by Holly Black. Another of m most anticipated releases !!
That’s it ! what have you bought in January ?
Hello lovelies ! It’s that time again, I’m here to share some of my bookstagram pictures that I took in January !
That’s it ! I’m losing my interest for taking bookstagram pictures, thanks to this dear algorithm !
Hello lovelies ! I’m very late, I haven’t blogged for almost 10 days ! I’m really struggling lately… Anyway ! Time to show you my February TBR ! I plan on reading 4 books this month.
- In The Afterlight by Alexandra Bracken. It’s the final book in The Darkest Minds trilogy and I’m currently reading it. I’m really enjoying it so far !
- The Wicked King by Holly Black. I’ve read The Cruel Prince last year and really loved it !
- Caraval by Stephanie Garber. I’ve been wanting to read this book for sooo long !
- Belgravia by Julian Fellowes, which I’m currently reading it. But I’m struggling with that one, to be honest. A little too slow for my taste.
That’s it ! Which books are you planning on reading this month ?
Hello lovelies ! I can’t believe how fast this month went by ! It was a busy month as far as I’m concerned, but not specially filled with reading and blogging time. I’m spending more and more time at my crossfit box. I also turned 30 this month haha !
Anyway, back to business ! I only finished one book in January : City Of Ghosts by Victoria Schwab. I LOVED this book so freaking much !! I hope to be able to post review very soon haha !
I haven’t posted any review this month, which is a shame. But I plan on doing better next month !
I talked about the algorithm on Instagram. You can read about it here.
Well, I need to find more time to read and blog but I don’t really know how.
What about you ? How do you find time to read or blog ?
Hello lovelies ! How are you ? It’s Tuesday again, which means… Top Ten Tuesday ! It’s a weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.
Today’s prompt is Top Ten Most Recent Additions to my TBR. I’m gonna talk about my physical TBR, not the books I’m planning on buying.
- The Wicked King by Holly Black. This one will probably be on my January TBR.
- Queen Of Air And Darkness by Cassandra Clare. I’m afraid to read that one hahaha!
- Caraval by Stephanie Garber. Another one I need to read ASAP.
- City Of Ghosts by Victoria Schwab. I’ve already finished it and LOVED it !
- Carry On by Rainbow Rowell. Hopefully I’ll read that one pretty soon.
- Muse Of Nightmares by Laini Taylor. I also read it and loved it !
That’s it ! I won’t go further because I would be talking about books I’ve bought before Fall and I think it’s too far haha !
The Theory Of Everything
Directed by James Marsh
Released in January 2015
Synopsis : The Theory of Everything is a 2014 biographical romantic drama film which is set at Cambridge University and details the life of the theoretical physicist Stephen Hawking. It was directed by James Marsh and adapted by Anthony McCarten from the memoir Travelling to Infinity: My Life with Stephen by Jane Hawking, which deals with her relationship with her ex-husband, theoretical physicist Stephen Hawking, his diagnosis of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS, also known as Lou Gehrig’s disease or motor neurone disease), and his success in physics.
I really loved this movie ! Stephen Hawking is someone whose life has always been nagging my interest.
The casting is impeccable ! Eddie Redmayne is a great actor and he is a perfect Stephen. Full of hopes, his head full of theories everyone greater than the previous one.
Felicity Jones is Jane Hawking, Stephen’s wife. She is a solid into Stephen’s life. His anchor.
She must have suffered a lot, no matter how deep her love for her husband was.
I also got to find out that Remus Lupin (errr, I mean David Thewlis) was also in the movie, a phD cosmologist who becomes friend with his former student.
I have nothing negative to say about that movie, really. I found it perfect, beautiful and very sad. Witnessing how hard life can become, it’s gripping. It has been one of my mottos for the last year and half but I’m gonna say it once more : enjoy every tiny momen of your life.
Hello lovelies ! It’s that time again ! Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.
Today’s prompt is top ten books I meant to read in 2018 but didn’t get to.
- Champion by Marie Lu. The final book in the Legend trilogy.
- Even The Darkest Stars by Heather Fawcett.
- City Of Ghosts by Victoria Schwab. That one I just finished reading !
- Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater. I need to reread the first two books though.
- Vengeful by V.E. Schwab. What in hell happened that I haven’t read that one already ?!
- Crystal Storm by Morgan Rhodes.
- Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder, I want to start this series so badly !!!
That’s it ! Which books didn’t you get to in 2018 ?
Hello lovelies ! It has been a VERY long time since I posted about bookstagram aside posting my pictures.
But today I want to talk about something that has been really bothering and the whole bookstagram community.
I don’t remember when exactly but somewhere around two years ago, Instagram decided to change its algorithm. Instead of showing the posts by posting hours, it shows you posts that you’re most likely to interact with. Which means that smaller accounts are less likely to appear into your feed. But let’s be clear : everyone has been suffering from this algorithm. Small accounts as b igger ones. All have witnessed a huge drop of likes, comments. And everyone has been losing followers.
I’m not gonna deny it, seeing a post barely reaching 50 likes while you put so much work and heart into it, well… It’s not really motivating. Not at all. I thought a lot about stoping my bookstagram account. But I really enjoy taking shots of my books so for now I’m staying.
If I stay
Directed by R.J. Cutler
Released in August 2014
Plot : Choices. Seventeen-year-old Mia is faced with some tough ones: Stay true to her first love—music—even if it means losing her boyfriend and leaving her family and friends behind?
Then one February morning Mia goes for a drive with her family, and in an instant, everything changes. Suddenly, all the choices are gone, except one. And it’s the only one that matters.
It’s by luck that I watched this movie. I turned on the TV one night, not wanting to read. And If I stay was here, waiting for me. Chloë Moretz is Mia, a teenage girl facing a terrible choice. The movie alternates between the present where Mia is in a coma, and has a out of body experience, and the past where we can follow with her love life and her passion for the cello. Mia is very close to her family. And she dearly loves Adam, a rocker whose band is starting to get famous.
I can’t say it’s a cute story because it’s a drama but I enjoyed it. I’m not the target obviously so I can’t say that this movie will make it to my top ten of the year but it was still enjoyable.
Chloë and Jamie are playing a great duet as Mia and Adam. I found their relationshipt touching, really !
Did it make me want to buy the book ? No. But I bet I would have enjoyed it, had I read it before.
Hello lovelies ! How are you ? It’s time for a Top Ten Tuesday ! It’s a weekly meme hosted by Thatartsyreadergirl !
Today’s topic is about my most anticipated releases for the first half of the year.
- The Wicked King by Holly Black.It’s The Cruel Prince’s sequel. I LOVED this book so I can’t wait to read that one ! It’s released today, January 8th.
- King Of Scars by Leigh Bardugo. A whole book based on Nikolai ? Yes please ! Released on January 29th 2019 (my birthday hahaha)
- The Priory Of The Orange Tree by Samantha Shannon, released on February 26th 2019.
- Courting Darkness by Robin LaFevers. I really enjoyed His Fair Assassin trilogy so I can’t wait to read that one. Released on February 5th 2019.
- King Of Fools by Amanda Foody. It’s the second book in The Shadow Game. I LOVED Ace Of Shades. This sequel will be released on April 30th 2019.
- We Hunt The Flame by Hafsah Faizal. Released May 14th 2019.
That’s it ! Only 6 books that I can think of hahaha !