Empire Of Storms
Author : Sarah J. Maas
Series : Throne Of Glass
Genres : Fantasy, Young Adult
Publication : September 6th 2016 by Bloomsbury Children’s Books
Synopsis : The long path to the throne has only just begun for Aelin Galathynius as war looms on the horizon. Loyalties have been broken and bought, friends have been lost and gained, and those who possess magic find themselves at odds with those who don’t.
With her heart sworn to the warrior-prince by her side, and her fealty pledged to the people she is determined to save, Aelin will delve into the depths of her power to protect those she loves. But as monsters emerge from the horrors of the past, and dark forces become poised to claim her world, the only chance for salvation will lie in a desperate quest that may mark the end of everything Aelin holds dear.
In this breathtaking fifth installment of the New York Times bestselling Throne of Glass series, Aelin will have to choose what—and who—to sacrifice if she’s to keep the world of Erilea from breaking apart.
It’s the fifth book in the Throne Of Glass series. I really LOVED this book !! It’s the fifth book in the Throne Of Glass series. If you haven’t read the previous books, this review will spoil you.
Even when this world is a forgotten whisper of dust between the stars, I will always love you.
We follow Aelin and her friends weeks after Queen Of Shadow’s ending. She is trying to find people to help her rebuild Terrasen’s court. But obviously, things won’t be easy ! Moreover, Erawen is more threatening than ever.
I LOVED this book ! But let me tell you why.
First, the plot. The story is so intricate and interesting. Sarah J. Maas crafted an amazing world and plot. She still manages to surprise me. I guessed some minor events but there are so many plot twists ! I was totally hooked !
Remember who you are. Every step of the way down, and every step of the way back. Remember who you are. And that you’re mine.
Now let’s talk about the characters. Aelin is surrounded by so many hot tempered people ! Lysandra is becoming more and more important, she is a key character.
Rowan, Aedion, Dorian, Manon, their fates are not entwined. We also got Elide’s POV. SHe is still on her own, trying to find her queen. She is sort of accompanied by Lorcan. This lonely fae warrior is slowly getting fond of her. She is crumpled but knows how to survive, forcing his admiration.
Some mysteries are now explained. We now can see the big scheme and everything is becoming clear.
I really enjoyed this installment. It’s different from the previous books but as addicting as intense !
Another thing I enjoyed and was more than happy to find once more was the banter, the wits ! Aaah, Aelin’s sarcasm is everything.
Strangely (not at all !), I didn’t miss Chaol. He really got on my nerves in the previous book.
Aelin was no savior to rally behind, but a cataclysm to be weathered.
- Aelin is definitively more cunning than ever, always a step ahead in order to be clever than Erawan. She is keeping things from her friends. And yet she has a fragility when it comes to Rowan.
She is such a strong character but also a drama queen hahaha !
- Rowan is so cute in this book ! He slowly opens up and that’s wonderful to witness ! And his relationship with Aelin is goal !
- Aedion is taking his role seriously ! And now he also deeply cares for Lysandra. He tries his best to protect her without seeming to haha !
- Lysandra is a key character, I really admire her ! She is way less powerful than Aelin but she takes a lot of risks nonetheless ! SHe is so different from the Lysandra we got to meet in The Assassin’s Blade.
- Manon, ah Manon ! She is such an amazing character ! And I love love love her banters with Dorian ! Fierce, cruel, cunning and totally loyal to her thirteen and her legacy. She wants to get their land back. We learned a lot more about her in this book !
- Dorian is becoming stronger and stronger. He seems more on his guard, sometimes icy. He is harder than he used to be. I’m sure he will be very important for the series’ ending.
To put it in a nutshell, this book has all the ingredients to be a wonderful YA fantasy book. I was hooked and it was difficult to put it down !
About the author
Sarah J. Maas is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of the Throne of Glass series (Queen of Shadows, Book 4, will be out in September 2015), as well as the A Court of Thorns and Roses series.
Sarah lives in Bucks County, PA, and over the years, she has developed an unhealthy appreciation for Disney movies and bad pop music. She adores fairy tales and ballet, drinks too much tea, and watches an ungodly amount of TV. When she’s not busy writing, she can be found exploring the historic and beautiful Pennsylvania countryside with her husband and canine companion.