If I stay
Directed by R.J. Cutler
Released in August 2014
Plot : Choices. Seventeen-year-old Mia is faced with some tough ones: Stay true to her first love—music—even if it means losing her boyfriend and leaving her family and friends behind?
Then one February morning Mia goes for a drive with her family, and in an instant, everything changes. Suddenly, all the choices are gone, except one. And it’s the only one that matters.
It’s by luck that I watched this movie. I turned on the TV one night, not wanting to read. And If I stay was here, waiting for me. Chloë Moretz is Mia, a teenage girl facing a terrible choice. The movie alternates between the present where Mia is in a coma, and has a out of body experience, and the past where we can follow with her love life and her passion for the cello. Mia is very close to her family. And she dearly loves Adam, a rocker whose band is starting to get famous.
I can’t say it’s a cute story because it’s a drama but I enjoyed it. I’m not the target obviously so I can’t say that this movie will make it to my top ten of the year but it was still enjoyable.
Chloë and Jamie are playing a great duet as Mia and Adam. I found their relationshipt touching, really !
Did it make me want to buy the book ? No. But I bet I would have enjoyed it, had I read it before.
Hello lovelies ! How are you ? It’s time for a Top Ten Tuesday ! It’s a weekly meme hosted by Thatartsyreadergirl !
Today’s topic is about my most anticipated releases for the first half of the year.
- The Wicked King by Holly Black.It’s The Cruel Prince’s sequel. I LOVED this book so I can’t wait to read that one ! It’s released today, January 8th.
- King Of Scars by Leigh Bardugo. A whole book based on Nikolai ? Yes please ! Released on January 29th 2019 (my birthday hahaha)
- The Priory Of The Orange Tree by Samantha Shannon, released on February 26th 2019.
- Courting Darkness by Robin LaFevers. I really enjoyed His Fair Assassin trilogy so I can’t wait to read that one. Released on February 5th 2019.
- King Of Fools by Amanda Foody. It’s the second book in The Shadow Game. I LOVED Ace Of Shades. This sequel will be released on April 30th 2019.
- We Hunt The Flame by Hafsah Faizal. Released May 14th 2019.
That’s it ! Only 6 books that I can think of hahaha !
Hello lovelies ! Time flies, right ?! Already the first week of 2019 is behind us ! For those of you who got the chance, I hope you enjoyed your holidays !!
Today I’m gonna share some of the photos I took for my Bookstagram last month !
That’s it ! I hope you enjoyed these. I’m slightly getting back to my former pace when it comes to my bookstagram and my blog.
Hello lovelies ! I wish you all a Happy New Year 2019 !!! May this year be filled with loads of good reads, happiness and laugh ! I can’t believe it’s 2019 already ! This month I’ll turn 30 …
Now back to business, my monthly TBR. I plan on reading 5 books this month, which is as always pretty ambitious. Let’s start, shall we ?
- Belgravia, by Julian Fellowes, that I’m currently reading.
- Assassin’s Apprentice by Robin Hobb that I started months ago and put it down after only one or two chapters.
- Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder. I’ve been wanting to start this series for years now !!
- In The Afterlight by Alexandra Bracken. The final book in The Darkest Minds trilogy. I need to know how this will end !
- City Of Ghosts by Victoria Schwab. I really need to read it ASAP !!!
That’s it ! What are you planning on reading this month ?
Hello lovelies ! It’s time for the last wrap up of the year !! I managedto finish 2 books this month !
- Muse Of Nightmares by Laini Taylor that was a fabulous read ! I really enjoyed that book even though it took me ages to read it !
- Ace Of Shades by by Amanda Foody. Loved that one too ! It was one of my most anticipated releases for 2018 and I really enjoyed reading it !
That’s it ! I know I haven’t read a lot this month, and this year but I’m okay with it because reading is not a competition and I mostly had quality reads ! What have youread this month ?
Hello lovelies ! I can’t believe it’s already the last book haul of the year ! I hope you all have been spoiled for Christmas, and got promising books !
- Caraval by Stephanie Garber. I’ve been wanting to read this book for so long !
- Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake.
- The Dark Vault by Victoria Schwab. So I can add it to my Schwab’s collection.
- Six Of Crows by Leigh Bardugo, the collector edition because I’m weak and the book is gorgeous !
That’s it ! Which books did you get this month ?