A Court Of Wings And Ruin
Author : Sarah J. Maas
Series : A Court Of Thorns And Roses
Genres : Fantasy, High Fantasy, New Adult
Publication : May 2nd 2017 by Bloomsbury USA Childrens
This is the final book in a trilogy. This review contains spoilers for the two previous books.
Synopsis : A nightmare, I’d told Tamlin. I was the nightmare.
Feyre has returned to the Spring Court, determined to gather information on Tamlin’s maneuverings and the invading king threatening to bring Prythian to its knees. But to do so she must play a deadly game of deceit—and one slip may spell doom not only for Feyre, but for her world as well. As war bears down upon them all, Feyre must decide who to trust amongst the dazzling and lethal High Lords—and hunt for allies in unexpected places.
I really loved this book ! Even though I have to be honest, ACOMAF is still my favorite of this trilogy !
Only you can decide what breaks you, Cursebreaker. Only you.
I was really afraid of this book, of how this journey would end. I adored the previous book, A Court Of Mist And Fury, and I was afraid of being disappointed by this finale.
The first part of this book is very similar to ACOMAF’s : taking place at the Spring Court and slow paced. But this time Feyre is playing a dangerous game of deceit.
If ACOMAF was more about Feyre’s journey and somehow more focused on the romance, ACOWAR is way more plot-centered. It’s less focused on the characters this time.
Night Triumphant- and the Stars Eternal.
I have so much to say about this book but I can’t because of spoilers ! How frustrating is that ! Anyway, this book was a roller coaster for my emotions ! I don’t know how Sarah J. Maas does this magic, but EVERYTIME I grow so attached to her characters ! It’s almost painful.
The plot is amazing, the author has crafted an intricate story that leads to these fabulous last 200 pages.
It’s terribly gripping and I really enjoyed the bonds, the relationships between the characters (old and new). It’s an addictive read and I had so many difficulties to leave the world when closing the book.
Nonetheless, there are a few things, two actually, that bothered me a little. First, it’s how much the word “mate” was hammered. I mean, we got it, there was no need to repeat it so many times !
Secondly, I was slightly disappointed with the final battle. I don’t know if this book is still considered YA or not (I would say the latter, regarding some scenes haha) but it was too “gentle” for my taste. Again, spoilers.
The stakes are much so much higher in this book ! I really enjoyed how the story wrapped and I cannot wait to find out who Maas will focus her next book on.
My rage had become a living thing inside my chest, an echoing heartbeat that soothed me to sleep and stirred me to waking.
- Feyre is darker, deadlier but also more poised, more mature. She knows who she is, who her family is and what she’s capable of, especially to protect her loved ones. I really love her as a character. She is fierce, sometimes reckless but she has such a beautiful soul.
- Rhysand is my precious baby ! He is definitively bookish boyfriend material. Kind of perfect. Devoted, kind, selfless and never deciding for the others.
- Lucien surprised me in this book. I had pity for him, at times. He is in a delicate situation.
- Tamlin changed so much, where is the lovely Tamlin from the first book ?! It’s difficult not to hate him !
- Nesta is also another kick-ass woman ! I really enjoyed her banters with Cassian !
- Amren is such a treasure. So deadly powerful, I know, but I can’t help but find her cute ! Her reactions can be so adorable !
It’s difficult to talk about every character, especially while avoiding spoilers so I’m gonna end it here.
Overall this trilogy will stay in my top 5 for a long long time !
About the author
Sarah lives in Bucks County, PA, and over the years, she has developed an unhealthy appreciation for Disney movies and bad pop music. She adores fairy tales and ballet, drinks too much tea, and watches an ungodly amount of TV. When she’s not busy writing, she can be found exploring the historic and beautiful Pennsylvania countryside with her husband and canine companion.