After We Collided
Author : Anna Todd
Series : After
Genres : Contemporary, New Adult
Publication : November 25th 2014 by Gallery Books
This is the second book in the After series. You shouldn’t read this review if you haven’t read the previous book.
Synopsis : Tessa has everything to lose. Hardin has nothing to lose…except her. AFTER WE COLLIDED…Life will never be the same.
After a tumultuous beginning to their relationship, Tessa and Hardin were on the path to making things work. Tessa knew Hardin could be cruel, but when a bombshell revelation is dropped about the origins of their relationship—and Hardin’s mysterious past—Tessa is beside herself.
Hardin will always be…Hardin. But is he really the deep, thoughtful guy Tessa fell madly in love with despite his angry exterior—or has he been a stranger all along? She wishes she could walk away. It’s just not that easy. Not with the memory of passionate nights spent in his arms. His electric touch. His hungry kisses.
Still, Tessa’s not sure she can endure one more broken promise. She put so much on hold for Hardin—school, friends, her mom, a relationship with a guy who really loved her, and now possibly even a promising new career. She needs to move forward with her life.
Hardin knows he made a mistake, possibly the biggest one of his life. He’s not going down without a fight. But can he change?Will he change…for love?
This is the second book in the After series. After the previous book’s ending, I was kind of curious about what Anna Todd could add to this story ! After’s ending was sick !
I really enjoyed this book even though some parts made me roll my eyes ! If you think that we’re done with the emotional roller coaster, well that couldn’t be further from the truth !
The best thing about reading is to escape from your life, to be able to live hundreds or even thousands of different lives.
In this book Hardin first tries to reconquer Tessa, to show her how much she means to him. He even comes clean about the horrible things he did in the past, especially to a girl he “ruined”, in England.
In this book, he gets what he wasn’t even hoping for : forgiveness.
They spend more than half of the book apart but they can’t stay away from each other : they’re like magnets !
This book is told in a dual POV : Tessa AND Hardin.I think it’s really important : Hardin’s POV is essential in my opinion.
We get to witness his pain and his self-loathing. That’s probably why I have been able to read this book ! Because as mean and disgusting the bet was, we learn worse things. Reading Hardin’s POV helps us understand how damaged he is. There’s no excuse for what he did but that’s probably why I kept reading this book ! I saw glimpses of the loving and caring person he can be !
Just because he can’t love you the way you want him to doesn’t mean he does’t love you with everything he has.
Anna Todd’s writing, this is genius ! She keeps telling an highly addicting story and manages to preserve our love for Hardin by allowing us to get into his mind.
And that cliff hanger nearly killed me ! I had to get my hands on the sequel as soon as possible !
There’s no denying that their relationship is really toxic.They fight like no other couple, don’t communicate and there’s also a big trust issue !!
But they’re trying to make it work because they can’t stay away from each other.
- Tessa annoyed the hell out of me at times. She takes the dumbest decisions, she’s far too impulsive ! Every time she thinks Hardin is cheating on her or lying about something huge, she sees red and acts impulsively. And yet, I also admire her. She finds in herself the strength to forgive Hardin. She wants to show him that there’s also light in him, not just darkness. She loves him so much but she’s losing pieces of her every time she gets hurt.
- Hardin is such a complicated character ! I am so glad for the dual POV because there’s so much going on in his head. He wants to become a better person for Tessa but it’s gonna be a very long road ! There’s no denying that he loves her deeply, she’s the most important person in his world. But his habits and his temper, they’re hard to break !
- Trish is also an interesting character. She suffered a lot in her life and yet she didn’t break. She is strong, and smart and loves his son so much ! But she’s not blind !
- Landon toughens up in this book ! Seriously I care more and more about him. I enjoy witnessing his relationship with Hardin starting to be built.
- Zed is a character I appreciated in the first book. He is kind to Tessa, really. But now he starts to piss me off !
Whatever our souls are made of his and mine are the same
I had a hard time putting the book down ! It’s really THAT addicting and all I could think about was Hessa ! It’s difficult to explain it, but I lived the story, because the emotions are so raw, so real !
About the author